Located right on the beach (two premises), a few steps from the surfing zone, you will not find a better place in Cherating to rent a surfboard. But more important will be the moments shared together before and after your session.
All kind of surfboards are available in both locations:
- Mini Malibu
- Foam beginner boards from 7″0 to 9″0
Cannot wait to see you soon in the water!
Moonsoon season especially weekends could be really busy. Secure your slot by filling this form. We will contact you ASAP to confirm the availability.
Prepare your session
Here are a few tips to enjoy your session as much as possible
Surfing is a nice body workout but also quite demanding especially if you are a sedentary worker. In order to avoid any injury and to be able to enjoy the most, you can prepare your body by working out using following exercises:
- Push up, shoulder press and dumbbell row: paddling and standing up require upper body strength
- Squat and lunge: lower body will challenge you while riding, especially in Cherating as the wave is a long one.
- Plank and Turkish get up: core and mobility are essentials for balancing.
Excitement to go to the water should not eclipse what you need to bring with you! Make sure you bring those before coming to Cherating:
- Sun cream and/or sun block. Even it is cloudy, we are in the tropics and sun really burns!
- Sunglasses with leash. A must have for sunny days.
- Swimsuit (!) and lycra T-Shirt. Lycra T-Shirt is a body and sun protection. A must have while surfing.
- Tumbler. Stay hydrated during your session, especially on long ones!
- Waiver. For any rental or lesson, each participant shall fill in waiver form before getting in the water.
Where we are
Two premises right on the beach, ideal to get into the water but also to chill before and after your surf session.
Located right on Cherating beach, you can find us:
In front of Ranting resort
You can park your car on the public parking in front of the public toilet and then reach Kopi Sport and Kam Surf Shack in a few steps. A bit further away from the surf point but still walking distance! Very convenient for all other water sports such as kitesurfing, windsurfing, SUP or Kayak as it is located in front of the lagoon!
In front of Royal Chulan Chalet (beach side)
Very convenient for the hotel guests through the back door of the resort (beach access). Straight on the beach with nice pines shade and a few meters from Cherating waves.
Great view, good food and perfect spot to rent kites, Malibu boards etc. Best coffee in the area and good vibes 🏄🏽🙌🏼🇲🇾☺️
A place to be when visiting Cherating beach/ Malaysia. The outlet faces the ocean and a popular surf spot in Malaysia during the monsoon season. The owner Kam and his team are such hospitable and friendly people!
Perfect place to chill out before or after surfing: drinking good cappuccino or fresh juices, meeting lovely people, relaxing... The equipment is very good. And Kam is so nice, friendly and helpful.